• question-icon

What does this CT scan report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: My chest Cat scan result states Small focus of opacity adjacent to thoracic osteophytes in the medial right lung bases consistent with small focus of fibrosis, what is this?
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal changes

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question and i understand your concern .

From the CT -scan prescription, i can understand that you have some bone" spur" ( osteophytes,enlargement of your normal bony structure ) in your vertebrae( spinal cord ,thoracal part )cause of degeneration process ( age , ostarthritis) .
This change in your spinal bone is often common i your age .

These osteophytes( bone spur) affect your lung (right lung , on the bases ) in result you have small fibrosis ( small changes in your lung ) .
Generally the changes do not appear to progress and are not considered as a start of a extensive lung dissease.
If you have any symptoms that is conected to osteophytes , you need to talk with your local doctor ( to start a therapy.)

Hope you find the answer helpful.
Let me know if you have any further question, i will be happy to help.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rudina Balliu