What does this CT scan report indicate?
Most often, this finding is clinically not significant.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your CT scan details. Mild prominence of lateral ventricles is often clinically not significant and does not need any treatment.
If the ventricles are more prominent (or dilated), then two conditions need to be excluded: 1. Cerebral atrophy due to shrinkage of brain; 2. Hydrocephalus due to accumulation of more cerebrospinal fluid. In your case, these two conditions are not likely.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Cerebral volume is normal for my age no atrophy. Why would only the first and second ventricles be mildly prominent and not the third and fourth? Is there any medication which can cause this? Why do you not believe it is Hydrocephalus?
Normal cerebral volume is a good news.
Thank you for getting back.
Normal cerebral volume rules out cerebral atrophy.
The mild prominence of first and second ventricles (without third and fourth ventricles) is a normal variation seen in some people and does not signify any disease. If there is severe prominence or dilation of first and second ventricles (without third and fourth), then, there could be an obstruction of CSF flow (which is not there in your case).
This finding is not due to any medications.
In hydrocephalus, there would be periventricular seepage resulting in preiventricular hypodensities, which is not there in your case.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ct scan report bronchogenic cancer
- What are the findings from the ct scan report
- What is a ct scan
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Hr ct scan done what does the report indicate
- Brain ct scan report
- Whats a ct scan meth
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy