What does this CT scan report indicate?
She is on b/p mediacation adn colestrol mediaction and well controlled.
I understand it is a loss of white matter of the brain. Is there any concerns or treatment we should be seeking?
Dementias should be evaluated further.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
In this case, you should be concerned about dementias that may cause your mother's memory problems.
Since there's no disfunction in everyday activities, it could be the start of dementia.
First, there is need for neuropsychological tests, besides CT scan, in order to evaluate correctly this condition, and, in case of strong evidence about this diagnosis, treatment should be started to postpone worsening.
Other possible causes may be low vitamin B12 or low thyroid gland function that need to be addressed and evaluated by blood tests.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ct scan report bronchogenic cancer
- What are the findings from the ct scan report
- What is a ct scan
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Hr ct scan done what does the report indicate
- Brain ct scan report
- Whats a ct scan meth
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?