What does this CAT scan post mild pancreatitis treatment indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I had a mild case of pancreatitis with numbers as low as 80 and a few months later got a cat scan and it shows no sign of scaring or any damage and it was totally healed. Does this mean that my pancreas is as good as someone that never had pancreatitis?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,findings indicate full recovery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Yes,findings indicate full recovery.
Mild pancreatitis usually recovers full and there are no residual effects of infection.
CT is ideal for assessment of pancreas and if findings are normal then there is nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX