Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What does this BP value and heart rate indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Geriatrics Specialist
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2138 Questions
Bp 141/75 heart rate 95. Bp monitor shows symbol for hypertension and irregular heartbeat. I had angiogram yesterday, nuclear stress at rest today and due

Due for nuclear stress treadmill tomorrow. Am i experiencing heart blockage
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Age wise, heart rate and BP is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Blood pressure appears to be normal for your age. Systolic of 141 is not considered hypertension at your age.
Pulse rate of 95 is good.
Do follow up with blood pressure. If it falls below 90/50, it will be worrisome. Otherwise nothing to worry.
If you are feeling palpitations, then possibly arrhythmia can be thought off. At present does not appear to be an emergency, however, do inform your doctor about irregular heart beat before getting the nuclear stress test.

Take good rest.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor