What does this BP value and heart rate indicate?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
Bp 141/75 heart rate 95. Bp monitor shows symbol for hypertension and irregular heartbeat. I had angiogram yesterday, nuclear stress at rest today and due

Due for nuclear stress treadmill tomorrow. Am i experiencing heart blockage
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Age wise, heart rate and BP is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Blood pressure appears to be normal for your age. Systolic of 141 is not considered hypertension at your age.
Pulse rate of 95 is good.
Do follow up with blood pressure. If it falls below 90/50, it will be worrisome. Otherwise nothing to worry.
If you are feeling palpitations, then possibly arrhythmia can be thought off. At present does not appear to be an emergency, however, do inform your doctor about irregular heart beat before getting the nuclear stress test.

Take good rest.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM