What does this BP reading of 176/102 indicate?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure reading is 176/102 at a 4 p.m. This a.m at 6:15 it read 163/112. My doctor has told me to monitor and I'm concerned that it is so high. I took my blood pressure pill this morning. It's supposed to be taken 1xdaily. I have tried to call the doctor and the office isn't open as this is Sat. afternoon. What should I do? I am YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:

Blood pressure readings mentioned above though high are not dangerous. Such readings do not cause any serious problems in a day or two. Need not worry.

Reduce your water and salt intake. This helps to bring down your BP considerably naturally.

Taking an extra dose of the medication you are on may help. But. I should first know what medication you are on. If it is safe, I shall suggest you to take an extra dose.

Please mention the medication name you are on.

Waiting for your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T