What does this 20 weeks pregnancy scan result indicate?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I had my 20 weeks scan and I found out that the babies kidneys are measuring only 5percentile in growth? We went for amniocentesis, premlinary results are negative. Waiting for full results. Can kidneys grow to normal size later in pregancy.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, upload the report for interpretation!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this finding and all the disturbing thoughts this has caused you. This is a delicate and very sensitive finding and I will like to make sure I have the exact details before commenting on this. For this, could you kindly upload the ultrasound report for review?

As soon as the report comes in, I will provide details based on the content. If this is impossible, let me know and we would try to provide as much as possible with the information at hand.

I look forward hearing from you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ivo Ditah