What does these SGOT and ALT levels during pregnancy indicate?
Question: SGOT =96,SGPT=146,ALT=185 and the patient 35 weeks pregnant,patient weight=88 kg, sugar level normal, Himoglobin=11.5,
Blood collection date :24-11-13 HBsAg,ICT : Non reactive;HCV-total antibodies : Non reactive Expected date of delivery:03-05-14 is there any risk factor for delivery for both mother and child? please suggest for next course of action/medicine immediately required. next USG date:22-03-14
Brief Answer: could be fatty liver of pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, It seems like fatty liver of pregnancy. With limited details you provided and with out completely testing for other conditions,it is very difficult to tell the prognosis. If platelet count, ultrasound abdomen and complete blood picture are normal, you need not worry about yourself and your baby. Liver enzymes should normalize after delivery. All the best.
please advise for any special diet to follow
Brief Answer: vegetable and fruits will be fine Detailed Answer: Hi, Fill your menu with vegetables and fruits and reduce oily, spicy and baked items. A multi vitamin will help. All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- Rising alt ast levels during pregnancy
- Treatment of elevated sgot sgpt levels during pregnancy
- During pregnancy if sgot and sgpt level increase what to do
- Decreased in alt level during pregnancy
- High alt levels in blood during pregnancy
- Diet to improve alt and sgot levels
- What causes high sgot and sgpt levels during pregnancy
- Alt level 150 during pregnancy
- Alt-sgpt ast-sgot level what does this mean
- What does these sgot and alt levels during pregnancy indicate