What does the vitamin D levels of 13.45 indicate?

Nephrologist
Question
my vitamin d is 13.45 , my doctor has given injection 6l arachital & duradec 25mg both on same time and prescribe alfagt cal 1 bd and protage gold 1bd and iam diabetic too age is 39 yrs
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vir D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

The Vit D deficiency should be corrected hence your doctor has given you Injection arachital however there is no clear cut indication for Duradec. Please take a second opinion on that before starting it.
Alfacal is a weak Vit D supplement, I advice you to take Calcitril 0.25 instead for faster recovery, it popularly comes as Tab Laretol 0.25

I could not find out what Tab Protage is, please get back to me with the contents of the drug.

I hope I was of help