What does the urine analysis report indicate about the pregnancy?
I have a query with regards to my wife's pregnancy, she had entered into 30th week and was asked to get some routine tests done by the doctor. All the reports are normal except for her 'Complete Urine Examination' report is as follows:
THE CAUSE OF CONCERN IS HIGH PUS CELLS 10 - 12 HPF and EPITHELIAL CELLS - 25 - 30 HPF. Just wanted to know is it normal or should i see the doctor immediately. Kindly advice.
COMPLETE URINE EXAMINATION (CUE)
BIOLOGICAL REFERENCE RANGE
Colour - Pale Yellow
Appearance - Hazy:
Specific Gravity - 1.010
Protein - Trace
Sugar (Glucose) - Nil
Urobilinogen - Normal
Bilirubin - Negative
Ketones - Negative
Nitrites - Negative
Microscopic Examination -
Pus Cells - 10-12/HPF
R.B.C - Nil
Epithelial Cells - 25-30/HPF
Casts - Nil
Crystals - Nil
urine culture test
Hello Mr XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
This test report is suggestive of urinary infection.
She should get a urine culture done.
There is no emergency so as to visit the doctor but see for the result of culture test.
In case result is normal then nothing to worry and she should
- start drinking lots of water daily
- keep local hygiene of genital area
- drink cranberry juice if available easily
- repeat routine urine examination after 2 weeks.
But in case culture report is positive for growth of microorganisms then she should visit her gynecologist as she will need antibiotics to eradicate the infection.
Wish her the best of health.
safe in pregnancy
Thanks for writing to me.
Yes taxim - O is safe in pregnancy and routinely prescribed in pregnant women with Urinary tract infection.
Give sample for urine culture before starting on antibiotic otherwise it will not grow in culture and we won't be able to get information about the exact organism responsible for infection.
Hope for the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 15 weeks pregnancy urine analysis report normal
- 18 weeks pregnancy urine analysis report normal
- Urine report pregnancy epithelial cell
- In the pregnancy urine analysis test what does it mean if the report says bacteria present
- What does my urine analysis convey during pregnancy
- Pregnancy ketones in urine what to eat
- Do ketones in urine indicate pregnancy
- Urine examination rbc report in pregnancy
- Lab reports of urine pregnancy
- Doctor urine report for pregnancy