What does the thyroid profile test report indicate?
subclinical hypothyroidism; do the following investigations
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr.Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
From the reports you have provided, the T3 and T4 values are normal whereas the TSH is increased. We call it subclinical hypothyroidism. In this case, we need to rule out dyslipidemia and diabetes. So i would advise you the following-
Get a lipid profile and blood sugar reports done.
Get an anti-TPO antibody test done.
Start levothyroxin 25 once daily before breakfast. This is because you have symptoms of hypothyroidism like sleepiness, lack of concentration etc.
Do regular exercise, reduce weight if you are overweight.
You can consult your doctor for prescription of the above.
Consult me with the reports.
Hope this was useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tested thyroid profile does i have thyroid
- Whats a thyroid profile
- Thyroid testing done what does report suggest
- Thyroid tests suggest thyronormalcy what does this indicate
- What is tsh in thyroid profile
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- What are the findings in my thyroid test report
- Tested for thyroid tsh is 127 what does this indicate
- What does this thyroid test report say
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports