What does the sperm analysis test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: i discharge less than one min and its does not get hard some time
just recommend me some medicine.

sperm concentration million/ml = 57
morphology percent of normal sperm =2
volume of sample is= 2.6 ml
color of semen greyish white
pH of sample =7.8
method of collection Antegrade ejaculation
viscosity : normal viscosity
pus cells 6-8/hpf
epithelial cells few/hpf
red blood cells or any others cell =0

pr(%) progressive motility =41(prewash)
NP(%) non progressive motility=5
IM(%)immotile spermatozoa=54

total motility (%) 46
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
some infection is there, morphology of normal sperm is very less

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Awasthi,

Thanks for writing to us.

I have checked your report.

Morphology percent of normal sperm is 2. That is very less. According to WHO/Kruger criteria at least 14% of the sperm have normal shape.

6-8 pus cells/hpf is also not normal. It indicates infection in semen producing organs..

You need to consult doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

For premature ejaculation treatment is there.

Premature Ejaculation (PME) or early discharge defined when male partner ejaculates early before the female partner reaches to orgasm. There is no absolute time by which we can diagnose PME. It is relative term and female partner is the best judge.

There are medicinal and non medicinal approaches to treat PME.

Clomipramine and paroxetine are choice of medicines which are used as antidepressants(For depression dose is higher).
I prefer clomipramine for PME. No significant side effects with these medicines. Initially say for 20-30 days daily after dinner and later on just on the day when you do the sex.
Paroxetine is more potent but it may cause side effects like headache, gastric discomfort, giddiness and sedation. In patients with blood pressure it should be used in consultation with physician/cardiologist.

One molecule called depoxetine has been used specifically for PME and should be taken before 2 hours of sex when required.
These medicines are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for prescription.

Behavioral approaches are as follows for your information:

1. Stop and Squeeze technique can be applied which you can learn from internet and ask me if any query in that.(In brief, method suggests that you should try to divert your mind for a moment when you feel ejaculation arousal and penis should be tightly squeezed with hand inwards by your partner preferably).

2. Master and XXXXXXX technique can also be learnt from qualified sexologist/Psychiatrist which includes sessions in couple as it is couple sex therapy. It can help in prolongation of time.

3. Sex counseling of your sexual behavior and methods. Like if you are down and female partner on top, gravity is going to help you for lengthening the time.

4. You should do masturbation before sex(at least 2 hours before ). It will make seminal vesicles somewhat empty and at time of sex semen will take more time to come out.

Another approach:
-Use of condoms. Sometime using condom while sex helps in delaying ejaculation by reducing sensitivity of glans penis.

--Topical application of anesthetic gel/spray. For this you have to consult doctor.

When most of the times during sex erection is not happening for at least 6 months treatment for erectile dysfunction(ED) is needed. In your case serum testosterone level should also be checked.

For erectile dysfunction treatment is also there.

5- PDE inhibitor group of medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil are used. One of them should be used 2 hours prior to sex. They causes headache,stuffy nose nausea and gastric discomfort like common side effects. Proper physical check up of cardiac system should be done by a doctor before starting the same.These are prescription medicines and one needs to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for the prescription.

Another medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus in India)is very helpful in my patients. It has shown improvement in 50-60% patients of mine with ED.One should take it after meal twice a day. If some improvement is there in 20 days one should continue for at least 2 months. You may get this medicine over the counter as it is vitamin product.

Ayurvedic medicines tentax forte can also be used for ED.They are without any side effects.

There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.

- The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart.So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.

- Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.

- Avoid smoking and alcohol. Low amount of alcohol can help in increasing blood flow but more amount can cause opposite effects. So better to avoid the same.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Testosterone level

doctor1 MD

My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free...

doctor1 MD

Hi j got married one month before and notice something Surprising.i was not able.to keep erection during intercourse.however erection was.ok but it...

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 years old man 10 months ago I notice I was not getting a erection. My doctor said my prostate was a little large but not to bad {I am on...

doctor1 MD

I am a 62 year old male. I am seeing my regular doctor soon for my checkup. I have requested a testosterone test be done along with my other...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor I was on diane 35 for a year and a half along with glyciphage. upon getting a scan and blood tets recently the results show that i still...

doctor1 MD

sir i want to know that my testosterone levels are just in normal range, but what i have observed my testicles have reduced in size and they seems...

doctor1 MD

Hi...im 22 years .. I had a problem with erection from 5 months..and it statrd with pain at anus and it also developed in penis and loss of...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction