Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

159 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does the severe pain in the right lower abdomen and USG test for appendicitis indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar


Practicing since :1992

Answered : 2158 Questions

Posted on Fri, 31 Aug 2018 in Women's Health
Question: My sister was advised for a lower abdominal USG for Appendicitis. Could you please analyse the USG report and let me know the concern.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more information please.

Detailed Answer:
I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options

First of all do not panic.

I have gone through USG report.
It has not mentioned about any abnormalities in the appendix area.

I would like to know about some more details.
What are her present complaints?
Since how many days is she having pain in abdomen?
In which area of the abdomen her pain is located?
Did she have any previous history of appendicitis?
Does she have any menstrual period irregularities?

This information will be useful to help you out in a better way.

Awaiting reply.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 10 hours later
Ans1 feeling of something present in right lower abdomen while walking, exercising, working in kitchen which involves sitting n standing alternatively. Ans2 since few yrs but dat tym no PID OR PCOS was detected.but fluid in POD was detected but this time since last week severe pain. Ans3 at right lower abdomen very lower. Ans4 yes in school days but it was chronic coiled as per report then. Ans5 No problem but after marriage mense last for 3 days unlike before which lasted for 5 days. Every month 4 days earlier it occur.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probiotics, antibiotics. Fertlity related blood tests.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

I will suggest that she should seek prescription support from her treating doctor for pro biotics like Vibact DS once a day for 20 days.
And tablets containing Ofloxacin and Ornidazole combination 2 times a day for 5 days.
This will be of help to prevent infection in digestive system and genitourinary system.

Also ,if she is desirous of fertility then please get gynecology check up done including per speculum and per vaginal examination.
Day 2 blood tests like FSH, LH, prolactin and AMH and TSH levels will help to know about fertlity system and menstrual period issues.

I hope this answer helps you.
Take care
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on