What does the semen analysis test report indicate?
My husband had a recent semen analysis done last week as he has known infertility issues. My RE wanted a recent test done performing a different kind of test. All we want is to be able to have a baby. My RE told me that for this coming cycle, we can try an IUI. Do you think that we have a fighting chance of actually conceiving by doing this IUI and using my husband sperm sample? This is all that we have been praying for. Below are the recent lab values. Thank you so much for your help!
Volume : 1.3mL
Count: 24 million
You can take a chance
Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been trying for conception and planned for IUI.
Under normal circumstances the chances of successful conception even with normal sperm count are 20-30%.
Considering your husband's sperm count to be lower than accepted range (Oligospermia) you have to be prepared to accept the failure and take a chance and go for IUI.
As the procedure is less expensive and non invasive there is no harm in going for it.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Semen analysis done what doe the report indicate
- Sample of good semen analysis test report
- Does the semen analysis report indicate any abnormality
- Semen analysis done what does report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What does the attached semen analysis report indicate
- Got semen analysis test report what does finding indicate
- Semen analysis test done what do the results indicate
- What does these semen analysis indicate
- Have had semen analysis test what does it indicate