What does the right ventricle with low EF output indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Right ventricle low EF output ?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Things are interlinked.

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you and your attached report I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that the most probable underlying aetiology here in your case was the flu which you had.

As since then you developed the symptoms which are overall recovering now. That flu probably has affected your RV thereby causing dysfunction and breathing issues.

It's advisable that you should keep yourself hydrated and I would like to suggest you get one echocardiography done after a week or 10 days to assess the RV function again. Hopefully, it will recover by that time.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 12 minutes later
Thank you Dr.

Is my current RV EF concerning if it stays at current level. I just started Acebutolol to lower HBP as well.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Breathing issues.

Detailed Answer:

If it persistently stays low then it can cause some breathing issues. But don't worry the chances of it getting normalised are high so hopefully, it will recover.

It's good that you have started with medication. Also along with meds you need to follow a healthy lifestyle routine also.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj