What does the presence of mucus in the nose along with phlegm indicate?
What does the presence of mucus in the nose along with phlegm ,,
, And what you can cure it
Should I see a doctor
likely due to inflammation of nasal cavity (rhinitis) or sinus (sinusitis).
Welcome to health care magic,
Presence of mucus in nose with phlegm symptoms are likely due to inflammation of nasal cavity (rhinitis) or sinus (sinusitis) which in turn is because of upper respiratory infection.
Majority of cases rhinitis or sinusitis are due to viral infection or due to some allergic but in a very few (or say uncommonly) cases it is related to bacterial infection.
You are likely to be having viral infection or allergic.
So,in my opinion you should take over the counter symptomatic treatment for initial 2 or 3 days and there is NO need to see a doctor at present.
1) Take OTC pain killers (paracetamol) with anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen) combination twice or thrice daily if you have nasal or throat pain.
2) Antihistamines like levocetrizine 10 mg twice daily will also be helpful for rhinitis symptoms.
3) Steam inhalation with warm salt water gargles which will certainly help for symptomatic relief.
4) Antibiotics will not require here since you are more likely to be having viral infection or allergic.
From all these symptomatic treatment.you might see improvement within 2 or 3 days and in case, if NOT then it is better to see ENT specialist for further evaluation.
Hope this will help you and let me know if you need more help.
Thanks and Regards,
Hello doctor this treatment is working , even if I have symptoms since childhood
I think these symptoms that I have a chronic
Likely allergic and only symptomatic treatment is needed.
As this symptoms are chronic or as you said since childhood then it is likely allergic and you will require only symptommatic treatment as we discussed.
So,kindly let me know if this treatment is working for you or not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Presence of mucus in urinalysis
- What does mucus in urine indicate
- What does presence of patulous in je junction indicate
- What does lower abdominal pain along with fever indicate
- Which is the test to indicate presence of toxoplasmosis
- Throat irritation with bloody phlegm what does it indicate
- Bruising along a surgical indication
- What does presence of albumin in diabetic patient#39s urine indicate
- What does the presence of styphi-o in blood report indicate
- What does mucus presence in urine analysis indicate