What does the number imprinted on Labetalol pill indicate?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am suppose to be taking 100mg of Labetalol but my pill is white and have the number 10 on the pill; however the bottle says 100mg did my Drugest make and error, m the blood pressure will not go down?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be 10 mg tablet

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Labetalol usually is available in strengths of 100 mg, 200 mg or 300 mg. So its unlikely to be a 10 mg pill. The pill is most likely having the number to determine the number of pills in the single bottle. You may upload some good quality images of both the bottle and pill from both front and back to confirm or rule out any mistake by the pharmacist.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil