What does the liver biopsy test report indicate?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: 52 yo female walked in for liver biopsy w needle supposed b painless. She was discharged in pain and rushed back 20 hrs later after 2 days in icu talking to us Monday morn she's incubated and non responsive. After brain scan and egg they saying major infarction bilateral in brain. Need second opinion. Can I call someone. Tks. x
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload reports and imaging

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
There may be possibility of hypotension induced brain injury or septicemia related brain injury.
You can upload any reports or imaging if available.
The recovery on a ventilator supported patient depends upon many parameters like blood pressure, counts, brain injury, site of injury, lung condition.
Continuation of life support and antibiotics is the option.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj