What does the following urine test report indicate?
Erythrocytes 10 x 10 e6 /L (<15), Epithermal cells 6 x 10 e6 /L.
SUSCEPTIBILITIES:- Ciprofloxacin, Gentamicin, Cotrimoxazole. Findings of the scan Right 31x23x43mm vol. 16mls Normal echotexture & vascularity. Epididymis Head 9x7x7mm Small simple cyst within body & tail. Dcyal ectasia within the epididymis. Left 31x23x38 vol.18mls Normal echotexture & vascularity. Epididymus Head 10x9x8 Simple cist 8x7x7mm Tail is thickened & demonstrates increased parenchymal vascularity. There is a 7x6mm complex fluid collection within the epididymaltail consistent with a small collection.
Conclusion Left epididymitis. No evidence of torsion.
Swelling of left testicle has mostly gone. The end of the penis is slightly red and inside the end it has felt like an irritating itch which I can't scratch and today has started to sting very slightly despite all of the antibiotics. Am I on the wrong antibiotics now after the results of the urine test?
Switch on to Ciprofloxacin twice daily.
Thanks for follow up.
Gone through your report .
The reason for not getting the result was that you were not taking appropriate antibiotics.
Switch on to Ciprofloxacin twice daily and continue taking Diclofenac twice daily along with urinary antispasmodic like Flavoxate .
You will need to take these medications for 3-4 weeks and repeat your urine culture after 4 weeks.
This will clear out the infection and pain.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine tests done what are the findings from the report
- Blood in urine done urine test what can this be
- What does my urine analysis report indicate
- What does below urine analysis report indicate
- What does my urine test report suggest
- Does the urine test report indicate diabetics
- What does my urine test indicate
- What does my urine test report mean
- What do pus cells in urine test indicate
- Urine test done what does the findings indicate