What does the following thyroid report of a child indicate?

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi,

Please review the attached report and suggested your finds and recommends.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is hyperthyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
By your reports looks like you have hyperthyroidism or excess secretion of thyroid hormone.
The further step would be to get an ultrasound scan of the thyroid gland and see an endocrinologist.
By the other reports the cause looks like autoimmune .
You will need to be started on medications to lower the thyroid secretion .
If you have any chest pain or palpitations please go the Emergency and get an ECG done.
You need the medication to be started early
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Tawde 19 minutes later
Hi

These are reports of my Daughter of age 9 years, she started the medicatation of thyronorm 50 mg doasage. Is there any risk or seriousness noticed. we have appoinment of doctor after 2 days, can we wait or need inmediate action

Thanks
XXXX
Brief Answer:
No need to wait

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, if this is on Eltroxin please stop it and don't give the dose tomorrow.
And take her to the doctor who started it tomorrow itself.
If she continues on the same dose TSH may drop further.
It is better her dose is changed and she is re evaluated if possible tomorrow.
Best wishes