What does the following test report suggest?
Bimaxillary protrusion, gum surgery, orthodontic treatment
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the diagnosis in the report is mentioned, it does not look like skeletal class II malocclusion, it looks like bimaxillary protrusion with spacing in the maxillary anterior teeth.
You are a poorly treated orthodontic case since the pattern of extraction followed is not ideal.
Considering the status of the teeth, there is widening of the periodontal ligament space in the upper and lower front teeth, and moderate bone loss in the left side of front teeth, hence you require sub gingival scaling and root planing with bone grafting. But bone grafting in this region may not work well. You can take a chance since there is no other option for these teeth. After gum surgery you need to maintain the teeth by proper brushing and maintaining oral hygiene.
Regarding orthodontic treatment, you can go ahead with the orthodontic treatment, but it's a challenging case, since the front teeth have compromised bone support. At the same time we cannot leave the teeth like that because you have deep bite, that will still damage the bone support. So consult one more orthodontist take an opinion and go ahead with the orthodontic treatment.
If possible upload the images of your face from front and side views and the teeth. Please mention the present problem you are facing in detail.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stool test done what does the report suggest
- What does my urine test report suggest
- What does the following semen analysis report suggest
- Thyroid testing done what does report suggest
- What does the following liver functioning test report mean
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- Infertility tests done what does the report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does my blood test report suggest
- What does my montoux test report suggest