What does the following sonogram findings of the ovary indicate?

Question
my daughter's left ovary reveals a well defined anechoic cyst with low level internal echoes and bright echogenic foci measuring4.1*3.9*3.0cm(vol=25.4cc)
also uniformly hyperechoic intramural lesion measuring 2.0*2.8cmapproximatelyseen in posterior wall of cervix(fibroid)uplifting the cervical endometrium anteriorly
wat does this mean?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A cervical fibroid an endometrioma/functional cyst

Detailed Answer:

The sonogram findings of the ovary suggest an endometrioma or a functional hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. Clinical correlation is necessary to elaborate on the findings. The cyst is moderate in size. CT or MRI may be needed to diagnose properly.

The other finding is of a cervical fibroid located just beneath the inner lining or endometrium of the uterus. It may need a surgical removal due to its location.

Please furnish clinical history and any other investigations, if you need further information.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for any more clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.