What does the following semen analysis report indicate?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hii doctor, i got the sperm count of 38.4 and i m addicted to drink alcohol and trying to conceive since 2 months and when i had taken a test of semen i have drink before 4 days and can you suggest me any medicine and also the brand name of best folic acid for me
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Semen analysis is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
I have seen your report and the previous question and answer as well.
Your semen analysis looks normal according to the WHO criteria.
But the normal range in the report is not corresponding to WHO standards,as that may be your concern.
Hence I request you to get a semen analysis after 2 months from a different laboratory,as one report cannot be taken in to consideration.
It is better to stop drinking as it would improve the sperm quality and quantity.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 13 minutes later
I have another semen analysis report also sir
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
normal semen analysis report

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The recent report is very much normal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 5 minutes later
Can you suggust folic acid medicine for the me amd my wife
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
folic acid

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You don't need folic acid.Your wife has to take before conceiving.she can take Tablet. Folvite 5mg daily 1.