What does the following report suggest?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi ...please let me knw abt my report.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need free T4 estimation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through your findings in detail.

Serum total T4 level is mildly decreased.You need free T4 level estimation.Free T4 level is more important because it is biologically available form.
Serum total T3 level is within normal limit.
TSH level is towards lower side.It may be due to mild hyperthyroidism.
Your condition also need clinical correlation.
So,please get free T4 level done for further treatment.
Ultrasound of thyroid glands should also be done. Radionucide scan can be done after assessment.

Treatment depend upon findings.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 18 hours later
Hi Sir,

i consulted a endocrinologist, who said that there is swellingmy thyroid gland and now it is decreasing hence the numbers are going down and informed that in future i might be dropped into hypothyroid, and she asked me to do lipid profile FBS and serum cortisol test just to know if there is any other thing which is causing weight gain,
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Hypothyroidism is an important cause of weight gain.Thyroid gland plays overall very important role in metabolic mechanism of our body.It can cause altered lipid profile,so you doctor asked for these investigations.

In your case,thyroid problem is most likely related to weight gain.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 8 minutes later
a month ago My T4 was 608 and TSH was 0.01 and now it has decreased wht might be the reason.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

TSH level 0.01 with elevated T4 level indicates hyperthyroidism.It is important to know what medicines you are taking.Change may be due to drug response.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari