What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
1) Marrow edema noted in lateral tibial condyle
2) Signal changes noted in posterior horn of medial meniscus - grade-2 injury
3) Lateral meniscus shows normal signal intensity
4) ACL thickened with altered signal at the femoral attachment - partial tear of femoral attachment
5) Posterior cruciate ligamenrt normal
6) Medial and lateral collateral ligaments normal
7) Evidence of knee joint effusion with fluid in supratellar bursa
8) Evidence of altered signal noted in the popliteal tendon in the myotendinuous junction grade 2
Can you please advise how long I should rest before my ligament injury heals and I am back to office being able to work long days sitting on the desk and commuting on my bike. I am now able to walk but there's a very bad limp I have to deal with. What are the precautions I need to take considering that I ride my bike to office everyday and have to sit on a chair for hours together?
MRI is significant for ACL Thickening / partial tear.
Hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon. I have read the details of your history and MRI Report.In your MRI report significant points are
1. Marrow edema in lat tibial condyle - This normally resolves in about 6 weeks time during which you should use a brace and avoid direct weight bearing.
2. Grade 2 injury of medial meniscus posterior horn- we can ignore it for the moment.
3 Thickening / partial tear of anterior cruciate ligament ( ACL)-- This is the most important finding. It may require surgery later on.
Overall in my opinion you do not need complete rest if you can manage to walk with Knee brace and crutches for about six weeks. In this time you must keep doing all knee exercises , take pain killers as and when required, and can travel although driving bile is not advisable.
Wish you an early recovery . I am willing to answer any further question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from the right knee mri report
- Mri procedures for patients knees
- What does the mri report indicate
- Had mri results of knees what are the findings
- Minor discomfort in knee mri clear what is going on
- Mri of knee done what does the results suggest
- What does the mri of the knee indicate
- Mri of lump behind knee
- What are the findings from the knee mri
- Mri knee dark spot
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?