• question-icon

What does the following kidney MRI report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i had report from my mri on my kidney following a car crash i was wondering if you could put in to simper term AND only had pains in back from day after crash would thgis be caused from crash
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to do either I.V.P and DTPA scan .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have been detected to have large extra Renal Pelvis on right side which is mostly due to either congenital Pelvi Ureteric Junction obstruction or Asynchronized peristalsis of Renal Pelvis and Upper ureter and needs further investigations to confirm the diagnosis.
1)Intra Venous Pyelography or DTPA scan
2) Retrograde Pyelography .
3) Ultrasound Scanning .

The pain in back that you have could be due to partial inter vertebral disc prolapse between L3-L4 and L4-L5.or Increased Intra Pelvic Pressure in the kidney resulting from the partial obstruction to flow of urine This can be confirmed on doing above mentioned tests ..This is mostly a coincidence that you noticed pain after car accident .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist