What does the following culture test result indicate?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Results of Culture , ANAEROBIC BACTERIA W/GRAM STAIN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
GRAM STAIN: RARE WHITE BLOOD CELLS SEEN
MODERATE GRAM POSITIVE COCCI IN CLUSTERS
RESULT:SCANT GROWTH OF PROPIONIBACTERIUM SPECIES
CULTURE, AEROBIC BACTERIA, RESULT: SCANT GROWTH OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
SKIN FLORA ALSO PRESENT.

ANY CANCER PRESENT HERE?

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow,,

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

I read culture results and it has nothing to do with cancer. Otherwise culture test is not used to detect cancer.

I would like to know why you have done culture test, which are your symptoms?
do you have any chronic disease and treatment.

Wish you health.
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 9 hours later
Lower abdomen pain, localized in area of Prostate gland. taking Tylenol for pain relief. Having a CT scan on Friday. Pain started in right leg about a month ago. Had blood work also. RBC count was 54 slightly above normal. WBC was normal.

What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
Thank you for providing more of your medical information.
To my opinion if you have done CT and every thing came back normal , there is nothing to be worried .
Otherwise Your symptoms may be related with:
- urinary infection or prostatitis too.
- renal crystals and sludge
This is why I would suggest to use ciprofloxacine twice per day for 7 days and antispasmodic drugs like butiscopolamine.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida