What does the following brain MRI report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 11 May 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had an MRI of my brain and says major arteries and dural venous flow voids at the base of skull are patent. Is that good or bad?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The above terms apply to normal findings and are good.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

The patency of major arteries and dural venous flow voids at base of skull is normal. It means that blood is flowing through these and there is no suspected clots in it.

Therefore please be assured that the above terms apply to normal findings and are good.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 17 minutes later
I also get bladder infection symptoms, just had a urine culture done and both WBC and RBC were elevated. What coupd be the cause of these symptoms if not sn infection,
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
WBCs and RBCs due to infective and non infective inflammatory causes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

WBCs are white blood cells and are eliminated in urine when the immune system gets active, especially in conditions of the urinary system.

RBCs and red blood cells and can be found in urine when there is damage to small blood vessels. This can occur in inflammation and infections.

Both WBCs and RBCs are found in urine due to infective and non infective inflammatory causes. There is no single cause and can be visualised in more than one disease.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist