• question-icon

What does the following blood test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: what is implications on attached report. how to control homocysteine. please advise
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical reports attached by you I would like to tell you that Homocysteine is a metabolic product of methionine. And it's increases levels in blood is known as Homocysteinemia.

In majority of the patients it happens due to genetic mutations. Individual with high levels are more prone to develop Stroke, Carotid artery stenosis, coronary artery disease.

Control/ correction of Homocysteinemia

If it is detected then tests for deficiency of folic acid, Vit B 12 and pyridoxine should also be done. As correction of the deficiency of these 3 things which is a very common association control Homocysteine levels.

Folic acid and Vit b 12 supplementation forms the core of treatment of Homocysteinemia.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 26 minutes later
thanks for quick response Sir, please find attached additional reports
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
All your reports are alright except for a slightly low levels of Vit D which is very common in our generation due to improper dietary habits and lack of adequate sun exposure. It can easily be corrected by taking Vit D supplement and milk.

Next is your Serum Creatinine levels which is slightly high, it seems you don't drink adequate water daily. Make it an habit to consume a minimum of 2 ltrs of plain water daily.

I hope this information will answer your query. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist