Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does the following blood test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Esmeralda Sera


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 897 Questions

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi, My daughter received her blood works results and they indicate that she has a 99 for absolute monocytes. She is 33 and seems to be in excellent health with her only complaint being anxiety. Her Dr. thought she might also have a problem with hyperthyroid. I will attach her test results if that helps. Should she be seeing a specialist?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Monocytopenia is the medical term associated with a low monocyte blood cell count and causes are associated with the bone marrow. Disorders that impact the bone marrow are HIV, aplastic anemia, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, etc.

You need to consult s specialist about your case and about the treatment options.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Rheumatoid arthritis

doctor1 MD

I have been on birth control for three years I also have RA. The 3 years that I have been on BC I have also been in remission of RA. After stopping my BC I have had a really bad flare up of RA. Could it be possible that my lack of BC started up my RA?

doctor1 MD

Hi, my knuckles in my fingers have been hurting for a few mths,, and now I feel a sharpened pain in my palms as well. Ive always worked out and my 73 yr old mother has rheumatoid arthritis in her hands. My Dr saw no evidence of arthritis via xray and blood work.

doctor1 MD

hi, am a female adult age 33, i have been having some pain in my finger(small one left hand), on and off. i have been to a couple of doctors who suggested that i may have arthritis but haven t had conclusive diagnosis for the same... i have been prescribed some anti inflammatory tablets which i don t quite remember now since it s been a while but yesterday the pains started... what should i do?

doctor1 MD

My Mother is 67 years old. For past few months, she has been suffering from black patches and itching in her lower right leg. She consulted an ayurvedic specialist and took up prescribed medicines. The diagnosis was impurities in blood and the...

doctor1 MD

If I have rheumatoid arthritis , what is safest medication that also helps osteoporosis? How can I reduce swelling in feet and hands? I'm taking high-dose fish oil for RA symptoms. It seems to have reduced pain but not swelling. Thank you. YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

The joints in my hands have become very painful. Only my left thumb swells (I'm right handed) and does not have full movement. this has been going on for abt 3 weeks. Now the joints in my toes and feet are starting to get the same type of pain.