What does the following blood test report indicate?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi, My daughter received her blood works results and they indicate that she has a 99 for absolute monocytes. She is 33 and seems to be in excellent health with her only complaint being anxiety. Her Dr. thought she might also have a problem with hyperthyroid. I will attach her test results if that helps. Should she be seeing a specialist?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Monocytopenia

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Monocytopenia is the medical term associated with a low monocyte blood cell count and causes are associated with the bone marrow. Disorders that impact the bone marrow are HIV, aplastic anemia, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, etc.

You need to consult s specialist about your case and about the treatment options.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj