What does the following X ray report indicate?

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Dental Health
Question: My dentist has sent me to an Oral Segeon because she sees a very small tiny white cloud type
tissue in my jaw below my lower teeth--This shows up in my Panaromic xrays during a routine dental check up
The oral segeon wants to do 3D xrays to investigate--what it could be?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
idiopathic osteosclerosis, condensing osteitis, CBCT, CT

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the white cloud or mass seen on panoramic radiograph is concerned it can be a idiopathic osteosclerosis or condensing osteitis. Nothing to worry, these are harmless and will not cause any problem. If possible upload the images of the pamoramic radiograph so that i can give you better diagnosis. You can go ahead with 3D X-rays likE CBCT or CT, this will give a better picture of the lesion and also gives the exact extent of the lesion so that we can come to a better conclusion. You can get these investigations done and upload the reports and images, later i will let you know what needs to be done.
I hope i have answered your query.If any queries are there reply me back. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 14 hours later
Thx
Will be in touch once 3d X-rays are done
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
waiting for you to upload the reports

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
I will be waiting for you to upload the reports of the scan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj