• question-icon

What does the following MRI report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Do you have neuro-radiologist that can read my mri of multiple sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can select one by speciality and ask him directly.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Yes, this online medical consultation service has Neuroradiologists in the team too, but you need to select such Doctor by the list of specialities and ask him directly your question.

I see that you uploaded 10 pictures (screenshots) of the MRI.

In my opinion it is not complete such uploading and the Doctor could not understand completely your situation, I suggest you to save the DICOM file from the CD on your desktop and upload it to google drive, or Dropbox for example.

After that you can send the link of uploaded DICOM file to one of our Neuroradiologysts.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 5 hours later
I was told to ask neurologist, ok, the cervical mri has many lesion of ms, 2 of the pictures are very clear to this situation. Can you Identify those 2 pictures. I had neurologist look at them, it was very clear to them. I ask you as a second opinion. I certainly can see them. I await your expert answer.

thankyou,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are hyperintense lesions at C2-C3, and at C5-C6.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

It is true that there is a hyperintense lesion of the spinal cord at the levels C2-C3 (image 001) and one at the level C5-C6 (image 006).

Multiple sclerosis is one of the conditions that may be associated with such MRI findings, however, the diagnosis of MS is achieved by clinical examination, imaging studies findings ( brain and spinal cord MRI ) and/or spinal tap.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 39 minutes later
Dr. Erion Spaho
Thankyou for your expert view and also on the c-5 and c-6. And also of the other information on clinical evaluation, and other procedures. I have no other further questions at this time. I accept your expert view.

Thankyou Much,

Gary Cackowski
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Glad I helped you.

In good health.
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical