What does the following MRI report indicate?
Hi Doc, I would upload but my reports are so many pages. It is more of a problem as I think docs are being brain washed that all certain types of meds are taboo and they aren't getting it--I am suffering for too long and I really thought this week I would stroke out even after being given beta blockers. My heart is not the primary problem. its the pain causing my body systems to go haywire and I have been holding this in for so long here I guess I feel myself who was so active less than a year ago on pain mgmt. (my pain doc wrote out 120 vikes on the first visit and he said to me after viewing my MRI and films, that he has NEVER done this before , first visit writing out pain meds. then he turns around and stops writing because I wanted to test clean for a job interview and despite our laws, and other, you will not be hired in my neck of the woods. I didn't take the 120 tabs because I titrated until i got things exactly where i wanted -to help my back and not touch my head as I need to stay alert during the day at all times. My PCP states she does not handle any pain mgmt. and only recommends I see pain mgmt. she doesn't manage this and that's ok but I am suffering right now i cant stand and type this the pain is excruciating so I apologize for my scattered info, ugh.
I am going to upload my MRI reports sometime before end of day today 4/13/2017
just an FYI: I was on pain mgmt. one year and worked hard doing/using a combination of several things including
1. stretching before getting out of bed
2. workout in my lower gym (abs, squats, etc) I have prof equip. due to my condition)
3. powerwalk daily (1.25 miles)
3. pain patches, and gel (x2 during day)
5. heating pad/recliner
6. inversion table (2 types)
7. MEDS: combo taken separate-ibuprofen, Vicodin, XXXXXXX
(Previously x15 yrs+ Ativan, Vicodin & ibuprofen. ) I had too much "bleeding episodes on 3200 mg of ibuprofen (cannot MOVE without ibu) so I suggested to my previous PCP to add 1tab Vicodin t.i.d. and cut ibuprofen in half (1600mg)and all bruising, strange bleed outs (GI, hemorrhagic bladder, etc, ) resolved.
after being on the above present for one year, I was so healthy but it took a lot of work. I missed a few days to have a clean pre-employment to get hired already discussed with my pain doc and he turned on me and said "that's it, if you missed any med doses that tells me you don't need me or these meds, not filling anymore. That was last XXXXXXX I have lost 2 GOOD paying jobs (because i didn't go back due to unable to stand or bend over without agony, out of shape) cant do housework and now I found a new pain mgmt. who wants to treat with injections only but my insurance denied it so he knows i just want to go back on medication combo that worked but in the meantime I am suffering . it wasn't one medication or one exercise it was the exact precise plan I did that worked and now i feel like at 60 I could go down fast and may never be able to recoup.
Ideal to get the second opinion.
Hello and thanks for writing to us.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Unfortunately, we can't prescribe any drugs through this online service.
However, if this helps in some way, if you are really in a lot of pain, you deserve to be treated.
I do agree with your initial statement that if a treatment plan works and offers relief to the patient it should not be changed, unless serious adverse effects are noted.
Spinal cord and column issues and conditions that cause a lot of pain and disability, are treated by epidural injections and by surgery, if conservative treatment ways such physical therapy and antineuralgic drugs failed to improve the condition.
The best way to get a correct treatment is to get a second or even a third opinion by different Doctors involved in spine disorders and pain management.
Yes, please upload MRI results so I can understand your condition better.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Looking forward to your follow-up queries.
partial...looking for the other. (brief report)
MRI cocedure(s): Lumbar Spine
L4-5: There is a disc bulge. In addition, there is a right paracentral disc herniation. Disc material extends posteriorly 4 mm: narrowing the right lateral recess. There is also moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.
L5-S1: As a result of the anterolisthesist there is severe bilateral neural foraminal stenosis. There is facet arthropathy. There is
A ilateral spondylolysis.
1. Chronic grade 2 anterolisthesis 1.5-SI, associated with bilateral n evere neural foraminal stenosis.
2. Right paracentral disc herniation at L4-5 resulting in narrowing of the right lateral recess.
Signed By: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 5/27/2015 10:00 AM
Dictated By: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date/Time: 05/27/15 0955
Transcribed By: MDT Date/Time: 05/27/15 0955
Page 2 of 2
Two issues to face.
Welcome back and thanks for providing the MRI report.
It is clear now that there is significant compression of neurological structures due to herniated disc and spondylolisthesis, that, in, my opinion, cause the major part of the pain.
Emotional issues in the other hand increase this pain caused initially by degenerative changes.
So, in conclusion, there are two problems to face in your case, compression of neurological structures and emotional issues.
Treating the first one should improve the second one too.
Besides painkillers, in my opinion, decompressive and stabilization surgery is an option to consider.
Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.
Hope I helped you.
In good health.
thank you .
I have cervical MRI they did two upper and lower. will find
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the meaning of the mri report
- What are the findings of the mri report
- What does these mri report of brain indicate
- What does the mri report indicate
- Done mri of back what does the reports indicate
- What is the interpretation of the mri report
- What does the mri report suggest
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- What does word indication on a mri report indicate
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?