• question-icon

What does the following ELISA test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: hiii doctor im male 25 i have came in contact with two different girls with unprotected sex in nov 3last year then later i have taken test of hiv in month of april on 7th these with western blot and elisa with hiv 1 and hiv 2 the result was negative then again to get satisfied i have tested on may 2nd these year and the result negative this time pcr is also included and the result is negative but i have throat pain from 25 days and i have loose my weight im in stressed because i have got married last month and im scarred to do sex with my wife please doctor help me wheather im safe from or not .and i want to let u know im smoker too smoking is problem of getting throat pain and my diet has became less and when sit to have food i cant eat more then 2 XXXXXXX bread(roti) and small amount of rice .please doctor please help me out because of these stress i cant sleep properly i cant concentrate on any thing please help
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You do not have HIV. Be tension free

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear. Since you are tested negative after 6 months of exposure it is sure that you do not have HIV. Moreover you have done Western blot and PCR which has come negative, which says 100% that you do not have HIV. You can remove that fear out of your mind.

Your sore throat may be due to your smoking habit. Reduce smoking, do salt water gargling in XXXXXXX warm water, take cough syrup like- Aladryl / Ambrodyl/ Brozedex etc. Antibiotics like Amox three times a day for 5 days may help.

I would like to give you few suggestions-

1. Do not continue your high risk behavior of having illicit sex here after. Since you have got married, be faithful to your wife and give her your 100% love and care, there by you can lead a happy stress free life

2. As much as possible try to quit smoking. Smoking causes so many problems like lung cancer, oral cancer, heart problems, infertility (the main thing which you should be concerned now). Do not spoil your life due to addiction to smoking.

3. Regarding your stress, anxiety- you can remove the thought of HIV from your mind. Forget the past as if nothing has ever occurred. Pray to God, and forget the bad incidences. Eat properly. Practice relaxation techniques- yoga, meditation. Do regular exercises daily for half an hour. Cultivate good hobbies like music, sports, reading good books etc.

Rest everything is fine with you.

Hope i have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kini 22 minutes later
please have a look on my reports should I go for other tests
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kini 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If PCR is negative nothing to worry. No necessity of any other tests

Detailed Answer:
Can you please send me the attachments of the soft copies of your reports? Since you said that HIV ELISA 1&2, Western blot, PCR are all negative there is absolute no necessity to do any other test. PCR is the most sensitive test which will detect even the minute portion of HIV material. So if PCR is negative there is no need to worry at all.

With regards- Dr Sanjay Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kini 32 minutes later
have seen my report doctor if yes please tell me confirm because I'm very tensed and scared

I have added report and.l have already uploaded if u r not able to look in please send me yr mail if I send u reports so that u can study on my reports please have look on my profile I have already uploaded my report
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not get tensed. You do not have HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Im not able to find your reports. I suggest you to kindly contact the customer care of Healthcare magic and ask them to make it visible to me. I can give you my email id but im not sure if it will be shared with you by the moderator. It is- YYYY@YYYY

I suggest you not to get tensed as your results are negative after 6 months. Moreover PCR negative suggests 100% that you do not have HIV.

With regards- Dr Sanjay Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Sanjay Kini