What does the following ECHO test result indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: got echo results in mail don't see cardiotill april can someone tell me what discrete upper septal thickening and left ventrical hypertrophy is also an ef of 65 percent
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these changes in your cardiac ultrasound are related to high blood pressure.

Your EF is perfectly normal.

Coming to this point, I would recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure, frequently during the day (sitting position after 10minutes of total relax) and note those values.

If your blood pressure is above the normal ranges (135/90 mm Hg) most of the time, you may need to start anti-hypertensive therapy.

Hope you will find tis answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri