What does the follicular monitoring report suggest?
I did follicular monitoring last month and as per that I ovulated on 5th Oct(My last period was on 21st Sept). I have read that, after a women ovulates her periods should start in next 10-16 days if she is not pregnant and that the luteal phase is usually fixed for every women. As per my knowledge my luteal phase is 14days.
Hence my period should have started on the 19th of Oct, but it didn't. I had many pregnancy symptoms like lower back ache and extreme tiredness and I was almost convinced that I'm pregnant but my periods started on the 26th Oct(which means a luteal phase of 21days?)
Is this possible? Or does this mean that I was actually pregnant but due to some reason had a miscarriage? Or the follicular monitoring was wrongly done indicating wrong ovulation date?
Need more information
I understand your concern. ln my opinion that might be a normal period.
But I need to know further information like
1. Your age?
2. How many years of marital life?
3. Are you taking any infertility treatment?
4. Any children?
5. How is your cycle pattern normally?
Yes of course in anybody normally the luteal phase is fixed ie., 15 days.
Anyways kindly provide me further information for further discussion.
Below are the answers to your questions:
1. Age 37
2. 6 years
3. Not currently, though I conceived with my first child while I was on clomid(50mg). As per my current gynecologist I'm ovulating naturally hence I need not take any fertility medicine for next few cycles.
4. 1 son - 28 months.
5. My cycle was irregular before my first kid was born, after that it is usually 28-32days.
I was definitely feeling very different last cycle with the back pain and tiredness and I'm totally fine after my periods started. Forgot to mention I did take a EPT on 21st Sep but it came negative. So I just want to understand what is happening with me.
might be harmonal insufficiency
Hello dear, I got your information. In my
opinion there might not be any error in ovulation monitoring.
If we see this case without ovulation monitoring where in the expected period was on 21 st of October but you got on 26 th of October which comes upto 35 days ,even that is normal because normal cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days.
If we consider the ovulation monitoring it looks like progesterone harmone insufficiency due to which the conceptus was not able to stand and resulted in the period.
We cant say it a miscarriage because pregnancy was not confirmed prior.
We call the progesterone harmone insufficiency as luteal phase defect (LPD).we can diagnose it by serum progesterone on 21 st day.
And LPD can be corrected by progesterone harmone supplementation after ovulation.
So check for next cycle and follow your doctor.
Relax and dont worry as you are ovulation is normal and cycles are regular.Have hope,faith and patience.Definitely you will see the result......
All the best....regards...Dr.srilatha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is follicular monitoring with fertyl
- What follicular study report is best to conceive
- What does the attached follicular monitoring results mean
- Follicular monitoring test normal scan report
- What is the positive follicular study report
- What does the follicular report indicate
- Report of follicular monitoring
- What is follicular monitoring
- Follicular monitoring reading done looking for the suggestion
- What is the normal follicular study report