What does the chest X ray report suggest?

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi on my followup chest xray post pneumonia, what does "interval Resolution" mean"
The DR. cleared me on my visit.

ORIGINAL XRAY FINDINGS: There is very subtle irregular opacity of the right lower lobe
on frontal view suspicious for pneumonia, not definitely clarified on
the lateral view. Otherwise negative consolidation or edema.

Follup XRAY: Lungs: There is no focal consolidation. Interval resolution of subtle
right lower lung opacity. There are no pleural effusions. Negative
pulmonary edema. There is no pneumothorax.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry, you are improving.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HCM.
Your initial x ray report is suggestive of right lower lobe pneumonia.
Your follow up x ray report clearly mention that opacity in right lower lobe is resolving.
This means, you are improving.
X ray changes appear after symptoms in case of pneumonia. And after treatment, resolution on x ray is slow while symptomatic improvement is rapid.
Normally, it takes 2-3 weeks for complete resolution of chest x ray.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist