What does the brain MRI report suggest?
IMPRESSION: Stable tiny focus of he lobe periventricular gliosis representing chronic microvascular ischemic disease. Otherwise, negative MRI of the brain.
Exactly what does this mean? (THis MRI was compared to previous MRI of XXXXXXX 2010.
It is an old ischemic area.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your MRI report findings.
It shows an old area of ischemia (lack of blood flow to brain) on the right side of brain.
This is a very minor finding and has been there in the previous scan too. Since, there are no new lesions, there is no need to worry.
If there are risk factors for ischemia, such as high bP, sugar or cholesterol, they should be kept within normal limits.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- Mri report shows brain stroke suggest any ayurvedic treatment
- What does these mri report of brain indicate
- Took mri for brain what does report infer
- Done with brain mri diagnosis of demyelinating disease suggestion
- Mri of the brain
- What are the findings from the brain mri
- What are the findings from the brain mri report
- What does the mri of brain suggest
- Mri of brain done what does result suggest
- Paralyzed after spinal operation. Getting neck pain and headache. MRI...
- Got grey matter while blowing my nose. Having headache. What could be...
- Having acid reflux, sweaty hands and tiredness. Taking antidepressant....
- Getting headache, back pain, feeling tired and thirsty. Any medical cure...
- Numbness and pain in hand. Worried for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Have lbp. Feeling bloated and burning sensation in stomach. Should I...
- Getting fainting spells. Not cured by encorate. What should be done to...
- On lisinopril for BP. Feeling dizzy while laying on my back. Any guidance?
- Having pain in skull and feels hot to touch. CAT scan done. What...
- Diagnosed with osteochondral defect of femur. Having hip pain. Safe remedy?