What does the below picture showing extra skin growth indicate?
It appears to be a compound mole. Kindly give important details.
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand your concern for the growth over the skin.
After the diligent examination of the area let me tell you that it appears to be a compound mole.
To tell you scientifically and medially regarding moles- Our skin contains typical cells known as melanocytes which give color to the skin. At some places these are naturally and genetically more in number. At these places these proliferates inside the skin and forms the moles. It may appear any time after birth and is more common in people with white skin.
Generally these are not having any symptom and are seen as cosmetic problem only but sometimes these can be seen with caution. There are certain specific features which should be known to you:
1. If you feel any itching or burning or pain in any mole.
2. Any kind irregular borders in your mole.
3. Any variegated (different) colors you observed in your mole.
4. A size more than pencil eraser or 6mm size.
So, above points should always be checked and if find something like that or anything unusual then immediately should report to the doctor.
I request you to kindly tell if you felt any of above changes then report it.
Overall you should know that moles are simple genetical thing present in everyone but only varying in number and size from person to person.
I hope this information will help you.
"Wish you good health"
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are extra tabs of skin growth
- Extra skin growth on gland
- Extra skin growth at vagina
- What could cause a extra skin growth on arm
- Extra skin growth on leg
- Extra skin growth on mouth
- Extra skin growth hands
- What is the extra growth of skin on my eye
- Extra skin growth on body
- Extra skin growth on tonsils