What does the anomaly scan report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Please review the anamoly scan report attached
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a harmless benign cyst.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the anomaly report. There is a small well defined cyst in the lower right quadrant. This is likely to be a harmless benign cyst which may not need any treatment if it does not increase in size. This is a small cyst and can be related to mesentary or pelvic organs. The calyceal dilatation of the left kidney is not related to the cyst. You need a regular follow up scan every 3-4 weeks and in case the cyst increases in size then you will need to consult an expert regarding the available treatment options.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
The measurement of left renal pelvis of the fetus is 6.2mm. Can you please advise us on this? Is this something to be worried about?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There can be mild distal blockage.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The dilatation of pelvis is mild and can be due to mild obstruction like posterior uretheral valve. This needs further monitoring to find if it is something serious or not.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng