What does the SGPT level of 78 in a child indicate?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: I have checked my baby 3months sgpt level result 78.0 please give your opinion
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like viral illness, nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi....I understand your concern. By the report which you have uploaded, I feel that your child is having it viral illness. It is very common for liver enzymes to get elevated during trivial viral illness like this. Nothing to worry about this.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 34 minutes later
I think eny liver problem my baby born wait 3300 and now 5400 this redy or less and more crying and no more sleeping give me sir detail please
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your kid's weight is excellent

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... this is not suggestive of liver problem. Your kid's weight gain is excellent. Moreover CRP is negative....so be comfortable.

I will explain you how a viral infection behaves, so that you can be more comfortable.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth