What does the MRI report suggest?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: My mom is of 73 yrs of age. Added the MRI consultancy report comment
Question1: Please provide your advice what would be the correct treatment for my mother
Question 2: Please provide the best doctor in Neuro Surgery in XXXXXXX & XXXXXXX that I can do next proceedings.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is given below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr XXXX

I have noted the MRI spine reports of your mother. The report is suggestive of slipped discs at multiple levels in lower back (lumbar region) and is causing compression of the nerves there.

Symptoms can be back pain, leg pain, tingling and numbness of legs.

At this stage, following treatment is recommended:

1. Medications: such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules,

2. Physiotherapy- with IFT/ultrasound for pain relief, and back extension exercises.

3. She should also avoid lifting heavy weights and bending forwards.

At this stage, surgery is not needed. It is reserved for more severe cases, and those which do not get better with medications.

At XXXXXXX you can go to Manipal Hospitals, old airport road. In XXXXXXX you can go to Apollo Hospitals or XXXXXXX Hospitals.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/