Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What does the MRI report suggest?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5574 Questions
My mom is of 73 yrs of age. Added the MRI consultancy report comment
Question1: Please provide your advice what would be the correct treatment for my mother
Question 2: Please provide the best doctor in Neuro Surgery in XXXXXXX & XXXXXXX that I can do next proceedings.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is given below.

Detailed Answer:

I have noted the MRI spine reports of your mother. The report is suggestive of slipped discs at multiple levels in lower back (lumbar region) and is causing compression of the nerves there.

Symptoms can be back pain, leg pain, tingling and numbness of legs.

At this stage, following treatment is recommended:

1. Medications: such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules,

2. Physiotherapy- with IFT/ultrasound for pain relief, and back extension exercises.

3. She should also avoid lifting heavy weights and bending forwards.

At this stage, surgery is not needed. It is reserved for more severe cases, and those which do not get better with medications.

At XXXXXXX you can go to Manipal Hospitals, old airport road. In XXXXXXX you can go to Apollo Hospitals or XXXXXXX Hospitals.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
My blog:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor