What does the ECG report showing sinus rhythm value indicate?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi, I just goty my ECG report with the following statements:
- Sinus Rhythm: 56/M
- Lefward Axis
- Otherwise normal ECG

What does this mean? Should I have more tests to confirm something is wrong?

Thanks,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload the ECG image for me to check it by myself...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
and thank you for asking HCM!

Your ECG report seems within the normal parameters. However as a rule ECG must be checked and confirmed by a specialist in internal medicine or cardilogist. Can you upload the ECG image for me to check it by myself.

I want to remind you that a normal ECG doesn't necessary show that you haven't a disease. It should be interpreted on the settings of other clinical data (chest pain, shortness of breath ect.)

If you experienced one of this symptoms you should run other specific tests for proper diagnosis.

Hope it answered to your query!
Dr. Benard Shehu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju