What does the CT scan images indicate?
My question is - should I see a GI doc or GYN?
Second -0n the the second view on the CT it looks like it is in my bowel. Could this be a cause of my pain? It seems crazy for this to migrate up so far!
The clip is outside the bowel in image sent, please see a surgeon for pain
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. On the X ray I can see 3 clip like objects
(i) overlying the right lobe of liver
(ii) overlying the right lateral margin of L 4
(iii) in the pelvis on the right side
Please confirm if 3 clips were inserted and if your have got any similar operative surgical procedure done
2. Among the 3 shadows, the CT one is most likely the first one and is placed next to the colon.
3. It is not inside the bowel but placed next to it.
4. Any clip in the wrong place might cause mild pain and discomfort but the rest of the abdomen also needs to be reviewed for any possible abnormalities.
5. The Filshie clips are made of inert material and are unlikely to be a cause of serious concern even if they migrate.
6. It is better to see all the images and then try to investigate the cause of pain.
7. Since the clip is not inside the bowel, going to the GI doctor will not help. Instead you can take an opinion from a general surgeon.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a ct scan
- What does my ct scan indicate
- What is the meaning of the ct scan result
- What does ct scan mean
- Whats a ct scan meth
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- What do ct scans show
- What are causes of shadow on ct scan