Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What does testicular pain indicate?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
Hello Doctor, My friend is having testicular pain from last 4-5 days. Its a regular he is suffering. There is no malfunctioning of any of the testis. The shape and size is perfect. Please suggest what can be done?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to Epididymitis or Orchitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend has infection of the either Epididymis or Testis.which is most of the time secondary to unnoticed UTI . However this needs to be confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist. Please consult Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test with culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute. It should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does testicular pain indicate? 4 hours later
Thanx doctor Dr XXXXXXX , Will update you about the progress. Thank you for your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please go agead and feedback me about the finding Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Please go ahead and do write if you require my help. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor