What does swelling in the testicles after unprotected vaginal sex indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had unprotected vaginal sex with a female 3 days ago. Today i have discomfort/hightened sensativity in my testicles and possible swelling in one testicles. I also discomfort in my pelvis/lower stomaxh (similae to the feeling after being kicked in the balls). How concenrd should i be that i comtracted an std such as (ghonnera). Should i hurry get tested now or wait. Also how conclusice are test after just 3 days. . . I DO NOT have any pain or doscomfort when urinating nor do i have XXXXXXX discharge.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to have STD as on today.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had unprotected sex with unknown female before 3 days and having pain in testicles and lower abdomen however there is no urethral discharge or any urinary symptoms like burning ,itching ,or developed any lesion over genitals that are common features of STD

Normally it takes 3-5 days after exposure for STD to develop early signs and symptoms of STD .Since you do not have symptoms pertaining to STD there is nothing to be worried about it .However in view of it being a unprotected sex you need to get basic screening tests for STD and HIV done after 2 weeks and repeat the same after three months to be rest assured about acquiring these diseases .

In the mean while start taking Doxicycline and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily.This will help to reduce the testicular pain .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.