What does swelling in the right hand and wrist in a type 2 diabetic patient indicate?
About your friend symptoms:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your friends health.
From your description i think it is an infection of the soft tissue of the hand that needs antibiotic treatment.
Diabetic patients are more prone to infections and when installed the infection is much difficult to be treated if the glucose levels persists high.
So, he should try to maintain normal blood sugar (70-110 mg/dl fasting and up to 140 mg/dl postprandial) and start treatment with antibiotics for the hand, of course if his physician confirms that it is an infection.
Of course a detailed clinical examination and some blood tests to confirm the infection.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acute pain in right wrist and hand
- Hand swelling after wrist tattoo
- Wrist and hand pain swelling
- Right hand side of wrist hurts
- Hand swelling after hurting wrist
- What causes hands to turn black in the diabetic patient
- Type 2 diabetes and smelly hands
- What is the cause of discoloured wrists and hands
- Right hand wrist sweating
- By wrist swelling on hand