What does sudden episode of swelling on the eyelids indicate?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: While working out, I felt a sudden rush of blood into my head, and all of a sudden lower eye lids of both my eyes became swollen. Swelling has not completely receded after 14 hours. what cold this be due to, and how could it be avoided?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
exercise anaphylaxis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Jashandeep,

The swelling you are complaining of is due to the condition known as exercise anaphylaxis. You should be very cautious about this situation. It is not the exercise alone the etiological factor it could be weather, food consumed before workout or any other triggering allergen.
You should consult the doctor immediately to seek for medication like EPI pen for such further attacks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj