What does subtle fibrosis in left lung indicate?
Fibrosis is sign of old healing
It is common to see minor fibrotic changes on the chest Xray for majority of adults in XXXXXXX We are endemic to a lot of pulmonary disease in XXXXXXX We might not even know that we are infected with Pulmonary TB but the immune system will fight it out and heals it. So this healing is seen on the Chest Xray that we routinely take.
Hence CXR is not advised as routine investigation because of this unnecessary anxiety and further testing. If your father has real problem like loss of weight, loss of appetite, prolonged cough we may consider further testing.
I would not be worried with this Xray and with the information shared.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fibrosis of the lungs treatment
- What is linear fibrosis lung
- What causes biapical fibrosis in lungs
- Fibrosis lungs food avoid
- What is linear fibrosis in left lobe
- Linear fibrosis left lung
- Linear fibrosis in the left lower lung
- What are the treatment options for lung fibrosis
- What is mild bibasilar atelectasis or fibrosis of lungs
- Adult lung fibrosis