What does spotting while on Glycomit and folic acid tablets suggest?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
I have PCOD.I am using Glycomit and folic acid. I am trying for pregnancy.
My weight is 72.5 and height 5'3”. I am trying to reduce weight.6 months back I shifted to USA.
I have few questions.
1.Past 21 days I am getting red spotting (it is not over flow like period). When I am cleaning I am observing that.(I am just worrying about this spotting)
2. Last week onwards I started VITEX (Chastberry tree) capsules. (I researched in google I found this for PCOD) Is this good?
Could you suggest me about pregnancy what type of remedies I have to take?

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine pregnancy test advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Chestberry extract and metformin are good in PCOD control but you definitely need to reduce weight to have good control of disease.
This blood stained discharge is not a good sign, do a urine pregnancy test and tell me the result
You can try following measures to enhance the chances of conception -
1) try to keep a pillow beneath her buttocks after sex so that gravitational force keeps the semen inside her vagina for a longer time.
2) she should not get up for at least 20-25 minutes
3) try conventional position of sex female lying down on bed
4) maximum chances of conception are in day 10-18 of the cycle in case she has regular cycles.
I hope these measures will help you in conception in near future.
I basically practice infertility so in case you have any questions in future I will be glad to help
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 8 hours later
Hi
I got negative in my urine test n please let me know about my red spotting.past 21 days it is like that only.what should i do now?what are the threats about this? Could u suggest me?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound advised

Detailed Answer:
Most common reason for such a spotting is a polyp in the cavity of uterus which is very common and easily managed.
Get an ultrasound done and then visit a gynecologist for visual inspection of cervix (mouth of uterus) and vagina.
Don't get panicked but don't take it lightly either.